Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Office Redo

So the people who resided in our lovely home before we bought it, had children. Obviously judging by the 'lovely' decor in what we desired to be our office. We did not think to take pictures until I already started, but picture an entire room that looks like this (except, ya know, with an addition of me):




My first battle was to get rid of the butterfly and flower wallpaper border. I am sure that it was quite nice for a little girl, but it wasn't cutting in for adults without kids. Apparently there is a bit of a learning curve when learning to remove wallpaper. My first attempt looked like this...




But thankfully I got better at it as I went along. So the game plan was to paint 3 walls a dark chocolate color and then do a light blue accent wall with a repeating stencil. Progress picture:




The brown is peat moss by Valspar and the blue... I can't remember, also by Valspar (I swear I will look it up and update). The lesson here is that stenciling is tedious. It took a few days with a couple of lovely assistants (Thanks to Ash and my love) to get done.





 And for the record, bookshelf styling is my favorite part. I get slightly obsessive about the bookshelf. That took me a solid hour to decide upon. Definitely pleased with the progress in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment